Translate

Friday, November 29, 2013

Don't Go In The Woods (2010)

A young band heads to the woods in order to focus on writing new songs. Hoping to emerge with new music that will score them their big break, they instead find themselves in the middle of a nightmare beyond comprehension. 

Don't Go in the Woods is a 2010 American horror musical written and directed by Vincent D'Onofrio. You read that correctly....a fucking horror musical. I'm not sure how to even begin as I've never seen anything like this.  That does it....I'm watching an Elvis movie next.

A band goes into the woods to try and come up with some new songs and before long their girlfriends show up as well.  After that a killer shows up with a sledgehammer and starts taking everybody out.  He must have really hated that singing as much as I did.  I don't think your understand...80% of this film is them singing songs.  I love horror movies and kind of like watching silly bad horror movies....but this film made me angry.  This film should be taken into the woods and left there.

Hey everybody let's sing some songs around the campfire.
In D'Onofrio's defense...the directing wasn't awful only because there didn't appear to be any.  The visuals were fine mainly because they were at least in focus.  But the singing...it's all singing.  The foreign bitch starts singing while the killer is chasing her.  The director for some reason needed every single insignificant "actor" in the film to get a solo song performance.  I've seen hundreds of horror films, and I seriously cannot remember the last time I was this irritated by a one. This movie has absolutely no redeeming qualities. 

Please kill me so I don't have to attend the premiere.
Time for a song.